Saturday, August 30, 2008

The prophetic word of God...

Truly one of the most amazing things to me about the word of God is that it is absolute truth. This especially hit me as I was reading through the first three chapters of the gospel of Luke. The things that happened in the those chapters are so profound. Angels speaking and then man speaking, writing down things that could not have known, apart from the directing of the Holy Spirit. Things as it says in Peter, To them it was revealed that, not to themselves, but to us. 1 Peter 1:12. It is so profound to me...that when we read the Word of God, that we are reading things that were revealed to people who didn’t even fully understand what they were writing and that they were written for our advantage. Wow! I love thinking about it.

No comments: